Sunday 15 April 2012

Spelling Mistake (from ymiblogging)


Spelling Mistake



By Tracy Phua, Singapore
type
Sometimes when we type too fast, it is not uncommon for us to miss out a letter by mistake. It dawned on me recently how important that missing letter might be, and how it might totally spell (pun intended) disaster for missing that tiny detail!
For example, you may have wanted to say: China was closed to Tibet.
But a typo error could lead you to mean: China was close to Tibet.

Get my drift? A missing letter could spell total disaster. Another example closer to home is
“Let Go” instead of “Let God.”

How many times in our life have we thought that we’re letting God handle our situation when we’re merely letting go? It is of utmost importance that we practice trusting and obeying the Lord. Sometimes we might not understand why God is letting us go through a particular situation, but even so, we must always remember that we need to surrender all. Lamentations 3:21-23 says,
“Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.”
Our human logic cannot fathom our almighty God’s plans for our lives. So in whatever conundrum you are facing, instead of merely letting go, let God be God—trust and obey Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you” (Jeremiah 29:11-12).

No comments:

Post a Comment